Melvin Julian ,
Domestic Civil Litigation
Melvin Julian - Criminal and Commercial Litigation
Melvin Julian is a seasoned practitioner in criminal and commercial litigation. He has represented a diverse range of clients, including local and multinational enterprises, in various civil, criminal, and commercial matters. His proficiency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English has enabled him to effectively navigate different jurisdictions.
Melvin has gained significant experience in his field, having assisted senior lawyers in appearances before the district court and special courts. His work history includes roles as an Associate at PSHP Law and an Intern Lawyer at Leks & Co and Rudyantho & Partners.
He holds an undergraduate degree from Atma Jaya Catholic University with Cum Laude honors and passed the Indonesian Bar Exam administered by the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI) in July 2019.
- Successfully recovering payment for a Netherland multinational company at the Central Jakarta District Court in respect of a bad debt issue with their partner.
- Successfully recovering payment for a German multinational company at the West Jakarta District Court in respect of a bad debt issue with their distributor.
- Representing an Indonesia airlines company regarding consumer protection and business competition matters at the Central Jakarta District Court and the Indonesian Competition Commission respectively.
- Assisting an Indonesia electric money operator to file a police report regarding fraud at the Jakarta Metropolitan Police Office.
- Representing the director of an agricultural company in respect of tax crime at the South Jakarta District Court.
- Assisting a Multinational Waste & Water Management Company to file a police report related to embezzlement at the Pasuruan Police Office.
- Representing an Oil and Gas multinational company regarding environmental matters in the court.
In addition to his litigation practice, Melvin has also contributed to the legal community through his work at Anggraeni and Partners. He has led sharing sessions on money laundering crime, providing comprehensive overviews of the crime in Indonesia. His ability to dissect complex legal issues is show by contributing in notable publication such as Legal500 and Lexology with the topic of Shipping and Energy Dispute.
When he's not working, Melvin enjoys participating in cultural events and fostering unity among all organizational elements. He has led teams in celebrating Indonesia's Independence Day, focusing on honing leadership skills and fostering unity among all organizational elements.
*Prior to joining Anggraeni & Partners